As of all DBA a me too is a great FAN of MS SQl Server for its Flexibility, stability and versatility , though recently i experienced a strange walthrough while i was into simple string functions with length and Substring extractions
my requirement is simple one to extract a portion from a defined string , for this i have to use length of another defined string and use it as first parameter
this will return ‘a’
now insted of first ‘1’ i replace length of string function as below
ir returned a null
how this happened….
But again when i tried on a different machine it worked well , i am still in a dialema how the first one happened and at that time all the procedures written was not with this kind of line but i am pretty sure it happened